AFFCC Internal Competition Entry Procedure (July 2021)
This page describes how club members can enter their pictures in AFFCC Internal competitions.
- In order to enter PDI competitions, members must upload the titles and competition-sized PDI versions of their images to the PhotoEntry system before the closing date, normally the Saturday prior to the competition. For Print competitions, members must also upload the titles and competition-sized PDI versions of their images to the PhotoEntry system before the closing date, normally the Saturday prior to the competition. These PDIs will be used for the results page on the AFFCC website and for identification purposes.
The PhotoEntry system may be accessed here: https://compent.photoentry.uk/compent/
- Image file names should be no longer than 50 characters, and must not contain the name of the photographer or any punctuation characters such as @ ! , / . ? ” ‘.
With this exception, the file name should match the title of the image.
- Images for competitions (PDI and print) should be sized to a maximum of 1600 pixels wide and a maximum of 1200 pixels high; images which exceed these dimensions will be down-sized automatically, which may result in a loss of image quality.
- Images for competitions (PDI and print) should be uploaded to PhotoEntry in JPG format only, must use the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 colour profile and must not exceed 10MB in file size.
- Images for competitions (PDI and print) will be given a unique reference number by the Internal Competition Secretary when they are first entered e.g. D1234_White Swan.JPG. Images that have been entered previously in an internal competition will already have a reference number, and this must be typed in the Entry Reference box below the Title box on the Add Entry page. The Entry Reference box can be left blank for new images.When prints are re-mounted or re-printed, the existing reference number must be transferred to the new image.
- Images for all club competitions including the Don Beney and Charles Mutton Cups must be submitted with titles which will be announced. Titles are particularly helpful in “Nature” photography where they should give Species of plant, fungus, insect, animal or bird.
- For Print competitions, the previously entered, mounted prints must be given to the Internal Competition Secretary on the night, or earlier by arrangement.